Little Richard News Forum
Talking about Little Richard!

Home » Little Richard News forum » Little Richard » Mystic Valley Label / Little Star recordings
Mystic Valley Label / Little Star recordings Fri, 23 January 2015 19:52 Go to next message
olaf
Hi,

has anyone an original 7" from the MYSTIC VALLEY LABEL record No. 551 which should have been released in the 60s?

Songs from the original Little Star No. 123:

Yes It's Me (I'm In Love Again) / Every Night About This Time

Can you share good resolution photos of the labels here on the forum oder via private message, please?

Things I found about this 7":

You might re-read here:

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=j1Zx3h53FkY&lc=87 7jN4RS13O-PtUVczp-W5h8yIGquEkHIXYvYVTK6Es

Quotations:

"This same record was issued on the Mystic Valley label in 1960 and is very rare. Little Richard got credit for that."

"The Mystic Valley record is rare. I think it came out in 1965. Interestingly the label mentions "Speedy Cliff." There was a comedy sketch put out called KAOS Radio and it featured a DJ named Speedy Cliff. I thought he was an imaginary figure until I saw the Mystic Valley 45"

http://www.45cat.com/record/nc359289us

Quotations:
"Recorded "LIVE".
In fact: studio recording overdubbed by public noise.
B side: without intro (present on Little Star 123)."

http://koti.mbnet.fi/wdd/gradygaines.htm

--> In the first quotation a person "Speedy Cliff" is mentioned. On the record label photos (45cat.com) he is written "Speedy Clipp".

So - is one wrong or is one a hint to a (later) bootleg.

Sound quality on the "Speedy Clipp" version is poor. So might there be a better one with the original sound quality?

Kind regards, Olaf

Kind regards, Olaf
Re: Mystic Valley Label / Little Star recordings Wed, 04 February 2015 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
olaf
Hi again,

many views but no one with a(nother) copy of this record? Or hints to it?

Here are some more details / writings in run-in- / run-off-groove:

Side A:
Run-in-groove:
WALT

Run-off-groove:
"I'M IN LOVE"
LITTLE RICHARD
10-16
MYSTIC VALLEY 551A
TO DONNA
MIKE+ADELE
W1001
((then a crossed-out text area))
PRODUCED BY GLEN

Side B:
Run-in-groove:
WALT

Run-off-groove:
"EVERY NITE" - LITTLE RICHARD
MYSTIC VALLEY 551B
((then a crossed-out text area))
TO DONNA
MIKE + ADELE
W1002
YAGINA ((or?)) VAGINA

Was it already usual in the (early) 60s to write "secret" messages on the run-off-grooves?
Or is it more a hint to a ~modern bootleg / repro?

Kind regards, Olaf
Re: Mystic Valley Label / Little Star recordings Thu, 11 January 2018 13:32 Go to previous message
RocknRollArchivist
I have a copy (digitized files and scans) of this single.

A side label:

index.php?t=getfile&id=401&private=0

This bootleg is a piece of junk.
Both sides are truncated ones of original studio Little Star 123 single: the soundquality was deliberately boogled, and the fake audience with screams and handclaps was overdubbed (such as for LP Modern MST-100). The A side is also edited (speeded-up and faded-out), and Little Richard's "telephone intro" before Every Night About This Time on B side was simply omitted.

Not interesting at all. Wants someone B side label?

By the way, both sides of Little Star 123 were reissued in more complete kind on Green Power CD GP-02 (previously unissued chats have been added before both tracks).
  • Attachment: sideA.jpg
    (Size: 694.19KB, Downloaded 31 times)
Previous Topic: God's Beautiful City CD
Next Topic: LR videos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jan 20 03:16:10 EET 2018